Hey all you engaged humans out there, wanna know a well kept secret? Harlem Meer is one of the best places for couple portraits in all of Central Park. I’ve found it to be perfect in so many ways.
Harlem Meer is great for couple portraits
I could go on and on about this little corner of Central Park, but I’ll break it down:
- It’s not too crowded so you won’t have dozens of random people’s heads, etc in your photos
- it’s easily accessible by subway and there’s plenty of street parking around
- the landscape is very diverse — trees, water, the old forte, a cute little building, walk ways, benches
- it’s right off of Fifth Avenue for some interesting street photos
- Museum Mile is nearby with very interesting large and small buildings
- it’s so far north, you find as many tourists and people selling things that appeal to tourists
Seasonal changes create beautiful portraits throughout Central Park
And Harlem Meer, like the rest of the park, each season brings its own distinct beauty. The barren trees in the winter with perhaps even a blanket of snow are just stunning! And with spring comes a burst of colors and flowers of all kinds. The summer is lush with greenery e-very-where. Brianna and Jake choose to come at the peak of the colors of fall. It’s just gorgeous! There’s never a bad time for couple or engagement portraits in Central Park. And like I said, Harlem Meer is like a hidden gem in so many ways.
If you’re planning engagement or couple portraits and like Central Park, may I suggest Harlem Meer? You won’t be disappointed 🙂 Contact me if you’d like to set something up. I’d love to work with you creating beautiful couple portraits.