If you’re looking for an iconic NYC neighborhood for your engagement photos, go to Greenwich Village! It’s super diverse. You’ll find many different types of architecture — old and new. The colors of the buildings, houses, and doors are also very interesting. Even the streets are curiously divers. They’re small and narrow in some places. Some Greenwich Village streets are made of cobblestone, decades and even centuries old. So check out Greenwich Village for your engagement photos! I’ve photographed many engagement and portrait sessions in that neighborhood and they’re all unique and interesting.
The Village is also on the High Line
Another great idea is to go use the lower part of the High Line. It’s another interesting and diverse place right in Greenwich Village for your engagement photos. The nearby High Line is a beautiful walkway with interesting views, and it also has diverse landscaping, plants, places to sit, etc. It’s just really cool. And again, you don’t have to leave the neighborhood, just go up the steps from the northwest area of Greenwich Village.
Get beautiful Engagement Photos in Greenwich Village
If I haven’t sold you already, consider this.
- you can easily get to The Village by subway (hey! more photo ops!)
- the buildings are shorter in this neighborhood which means more interesting light
- there’s so much to do (restaurants, stores, coffee shops, etc) after your engagement session
- these engagement photos will really look completely different than your wedding photos
- if you ever leave NYC, you’ll cherish these iconic engagement photos in Greenwich Village
If you’re planning your wedding or engagement photos, please contact me. Greenwich Village may just be the perfect location for you 🙂
Here are a few other blog posts to check out: my top 5 downtown engagement locations, be youer than you, my WHY as a wedding photographer, coordinating engagement outfits, and couple portraits in Gowanus Brooklyn.