In no particular order, because that would just be too much 🙂
Okay, so I love analog photography because I’m old school
I learned photography on real film. My Dad enrolled me in a summer photography program when I was just 13 years old. He was a die-hard photography enthusiast who processed his own film and I needed to have something useful to do for the summer. So he figured a good photography class would do it. And he was right! I absolutely loved it. We were taught all the basic principles of composition, exposure, lighting, the decisive moment, how the film’s crystal halides work, and all the essentials of film photography, etc, etc. We had photography assignments then developed and printed our own work. Then at the end of the summer, we each mounted our best 3 photographs and had a little show at the mall.
When I pick up a film camera it’s an old friend
An old friend that I know very well. When I started Wendy G Photography, everything was 100% film. After a few years there were more and more murmurings about digital cameras. So I transitioned to professional digital gear. And after a few years of wrestling with digital files, photoshop actions, filters, and hours and hours and hours at my computer trying to make my digital images look as gorgeous as my film images, I went back to film. And I stuck with 100% film for several years. Then in 2014 I decided that I’d prefer to use digital photos for night time photos or dark indoor settings. Since then I’ve been what’s called a Hybrid Photographer. I shoot using film and digital cameras deciding what’s most appropriate based on what I’m photographing. But my love for film and the entire process of shooting with film will always remain.
I’m not just a photographer
Do you want to know more? Take the quiz! If you’ve been following me on any of my Social Media channels, you’d know at least half of these already.
- My favorite snack: (a) cheez-its (b) pickles (c) chocolate (d) trail mix
- My favorite person is: (a) Frederick Douglass (b) Jimmy Carter (c) my Mom (d) Ronald Reagan
- I have a graduate degree in: (a) Business (b) English Literature (c) Medicine (d) Fine Art
- My 1st International trip was to: (a) Mumbai (b) Medellín (c) Kinshasa (d) Paris
- Most beloved hobby: (a) baking (b) knitting (c) painting (d) roller skating
- All time favorite ice cream flavor: (a) strawberry (b) pistachio (c) chocolate (d) butter pecan
- My favorite dog breed: (a) Poodle (b) Boston Terrier (c) Pomeranian (d) Golden Retriever
- I don’t trust people who say they don’t like: (a) traveling (b) fried chicken (c) children (d) all of the above
- In high school I was a cheerleader. (a) True or (b) False?
- In college a ran for Senior Class President. (a) True or (b) False?
Go to the bottom of my Contact Wendy G page for the answers
The latest Blog posts…..
East River Park Portraits